As people hit the streets of Guwahati to celebrate Sashti, the sixth day of Durga Puja, by visiting the pandals, many parts of the city witnessed massive traffic jams in the evening hours of Monday.
Anticipating a rush of revelers this week, the Guwahati Traffic Police have announced new traffic and parking rules which will be in force from October 12-15.
The notification, signed by the Deputy police commissioner (Traffic), said the movement of vehicles will be regulated between 4 am and 9 am.
No Entry Restrictions:
Dispur PS Area:
- Dr RP Road will be one-way from Ganesh Mandir side towards Ganeshguri flyover.
- There will be No Entry for vehicles coming from Zoo Roadside towards Ganesh Mandir side, Dispur
- No entry from (Ganeshguri) wholesale market side to Ganeshguri through Service road
- Sankerdev path will be one way from Wholesale market side towards RP road (Ganesh Mandir side)
Basistha PS area:
- No entry from Jayanagar Chariali side towards Beltola Tiniali except vehicles of local residents. It will be one way from Beltola Tiniali side towards Jaynagar Chariali side.
- Bishnu Rabha Path will be one way from Beltola Tiniali side towards Bhetapara Chariali.
- No entry on Dr BN Saikia road from Beltola Tiniali towards Basistha Chariali side.
- AG office by lane will be one way from AG office side towards Saurav Nagar and Tripura Goli. No vehicles should be allowed to enter from Tripura Goli and Saurav Nagar side.
- Parking of vehicle shall be allowed in one side of Tripura goli.
- No entry of vehicles from Basistha Chariali towards Beltola Tiniali except the vehicles of Local residents.
Bharalumukh PS area:
- No entry from Fatasil Chariali, Railway Gate No. 6,7,8 and from Sati Jaymati road towards Kumarpara Panchali.
- No Entry from Chabipool towards Bishnupur and Fatasil Chariali.
- No Entry from RK Choudhury road to KRC road.
- Parking of vehicles shall not be allowed on AT Road (Athgaon flyover to Bharalumukh) and Dinesh Goswami Road (Between Bharalumukh to Shantipur).
- One-way movement of vehicles will be allowed from Fatasil Chariali to Chabipool.
- No entry of vehicles from Sluice gate towards Pragjyotish college on JP Agarwala road.
- No entry of vehicles from Bishnupur bridge towards Cycle factory side.
- No entry of vehicles from Haryana Bhawan towards Kumarpara Panchali.
Jalukbari PS area:
- No entry from Maligaon Chariali towards Pandu. Entry is open from Adabari Tiniali to Maligaon Chariali via Pandu port road.
- No entry of vehicles on PNGB road railway crossing from Gosala side and the vehicles will be diverted towards Maligaon 3rd gate side.
- All vehicles from Kamakhya Railway Station and Gotanagar area shall be allowed to move through Railway gate no. 3 and Railway HQ.
- There will be No entry at the entry point of the newly constructed Kamakhya Temple ghat road from Pandu Cabin and also from Kamakhya Mandir side (Near ASTC stoppage) except emergency vehicles.
Panbazar PS area:
- No entry on MS Road from Sani Mandir side towards Gate No 4. Entry of vehicle will be opened from Railway gate no 4 towards Shanimandir.
- No entry of vehicles from MG road towards Khubchand point on Dr JC Das Road (Phulgali).
- The vehicles coming from Commissioner point towards GNB road will be diverted through College Hostel road towards GNB road.
- Chandmari PS/Geetanagar PS area:
- No vehicles shall be allowed to enter from Anuradha point to Hatigarh Chariali.
- Vehicles will be allowed to enter from Hatigarh Chariali only.
Noonmati PS area:
- No entry from Bandana Point to Refinery Gate via SBI Gali
Restrictions on movements of city buses:
- Basistha Mandir to Garpandu Bus Stand (via Ganeshguri, Zoo Road, Chandmari, Rabindra Bhawan. Kachari, Maligaon) shall move via Basistha Chariali, Tripura Goli, Joyanagar, Sixmile, Express Highway, Narengi, NIT Road (Zoo Narengi) towards destination.
- Basistha Mandir to Garpandu (via Basistha Charíali Beltola Tiniali. Survey, Supermarket, Ganeshguri flyover, Paltanbazar, AT Road, Bharalumukh, Maligaon) shall move via Basistha Chariali, Tripur Goli, Joyanagn, Sixmile, GS Road towards Destination.
- Garpandu Bus Stand to Lalganesh (via Maligaon, Kachari, Rabindra Bhawan, Guwahati Club, Chandmari flyover, Zoo Road, Ganeshguri, Ganesh Mandir, Kahilipara, Lalganesh shall move via Maligaon, Kachari, Rabindra Bhawan, Guwahati Club, Chandmari flyover, Noonmati, Patharquarry, Express Highway, SixmiJe, GS Road, Supermarket, Last Gate, Ganesh mandir — Kahilipara — Lalganesh.
- Natbama to Amingaon (via RP Road, Ganeshguri, Chandmari, Kachari, Amingaon) shall move via National Highway 27, Tripura Goli, Express Highway, Narengi, Noonmati, Chandmari, Amingaon.
Proposed route for Tata Magic, Trekker, Share Taxi:
- Commercial passengers vehicles, particularly, having all Assam Tourist Permit coming from Lower Assam side will be terminated at Adabari bus terminus during the days of the Puja. Similarly, vehicles coming from Upper Assam side will be allowed to come upto the ISBT, Betkuchi.
- All other light passenger vehicles of the above category plying within and outskirts of the City will be restricted and will be directed as per the traffic situation as and where necessary.
- Trekker or Tempo vehicles coming from Lokhra to Nepali Mandir will be terminated at Sarabbhati; from there these vehicles will go back to Lalganesh, Lokhra.
- The ASTC undertaking bus coming from Lower Assam side to Machkhowa will not be allowed to enter from Jalukbari and will be diverted to ISBT from October 12-16.