• Abducted Arunachal Boy Tortured: India Takes Up The Matter With China

    The boy reunited with his family at Zido village on January 31 after 14 days.
    NORTHEAST

    India has taken up the matter of alleged ‘torture’ committed by the Chinese Army on the 17-year-old Miram Taron.

    On Thursday, the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) spokesperson Arindam Bagchi said, “We have taken up the matter with the Chinese side. As regards other details, these issues are handled under military channels.”

    Taron was allegedly abducted by the Chinese People’s Liberation Army (PLA) on January 18 and was released a week later. He reunited with his family at Zido village on January 31 after 14 days.

    The father of the Arunachal boy, Opang Taron, had alleged that his son was tortured in captivity and even given electric shocks. He also said that his son was mentally exhausted and had been scarred by the whole incident.

    It is to be mentioned that the 17-year-old was ‘abducted’ by the troopers of China’s PLA from inside the Indian Territory in Arunachal Pradesh.  

    On the other hand, the PLA said that the Arunachal boy was found by the Chinese border defence troops during a patrol in Medog County of Xizang in China. 
    For more such stories, follow us on Facebook , Twitter . Activate Website Notifications to stay updated.

    Leave A Comment